Explore the island with Fido
You’re in luck! There are several dog-friendly attractions throughout St. George Island, including many of the area’s beaches. Search Pet Friendly Rentals On St. George Island and enjoy your next getaway with your pup! A large number of local businesses welcome dogs, and you’re likely to find water bowls and the offer of a treat or two while you’re out. Restaurants like Blue Parrot, Harry A's, Mango Mike's and Paddy’s Raw Bar have outdoor patio seating, offering a relaxing setting for dogs and owners alike. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the beautiful weather while you dine! And if you’re looking for pet supplies, head over to Oyster bones in nearby Apalachicola. From fresh-baked dog biscuits to toys, collars, and travel accessories, and they have everything to satisfy your pup’s needs.!
Helpful Tips & Tricks
Here are a few helpful tips we've collected over the years that make bringing your dog with you on vacation to St. George Island a breeze!
Helpful Tips for Pets and Their People:
- Franklin County has a pet ordinance which states that dogs must be on a leash. Franklin County Ordinance 2021-03
- Pack an updated copy of your dog's rabies vaccination certificate. Unexpected situations arise for pets as well as humans!
- Please respect native wildlife, keeping your pet on a leash when necessary. Avoid areas where wildlife nest. Loggerhead sea turtles' nest and lay eggs between May and November.
- Always clean up after your pet and dispose of waste appropriately. Keep the beaches clean for all guests. Collins offers complimentary doggie clean-up bags at check-in.
- Be mindful of other vacationers who may not enjoy a "salt water shake" from your pooch! Children especially may be frightened by a rambunctious pet.
- Keep your pet hydrated throughout the day and offer shade breaks to avoid heat exhaustion.
- Please note that our State Park does not allow pets on the beaches but you may bring them to the campground.
In case of a pet emergency:
Dr. Hobson Fulmer, Franklin County veterinarian
Office: 187 Hwy 98, Eastpoint Phone: 850-670-8306
Emergency Number: 850-509-2191
Should you find a lost or abandoned pet
(or would like to adopt one to take home):
Franklin County Humane Society: 244 Hwy 65, 850-670-8417
To purchase souvenirs for your pet to take home visit:
115 market Street, Apalachicola
Dog supplies from head to toe for pets and their people!
Please search our website
and look for the Paw Print to indicate our pet friendly properties
! Collins Vacation Rentals provides doggie clean-up bags at check-in.
Animal Control Ordinance of Franklin County, Florida
Please download the and familiarize yourself with the current county ordinance regarding animal control.