Rental Policies and Information
Rental Office Location
Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc.
60 E. Gulf Beach Dr.
(1 block east of the Lighthouse)
St. George Island, FL 32328
P.O. Box 590
Eastpoint, Florida 32328
Rental Office Hours
9:00 - 5:00, 7 days per week
9:00 - 5:00, Monday - Friday
9:00 - 7:00, Saturday and Sunday
and New Year’s Day
Where: Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc., 60 E. Gulf Beach Drive
(1 block east of the Lighthouse)
When: Check-In Time is 4 p.m. Eastern Time.
Note: Check in begins at listed times, but cannot be guaranteed. Property must be cleaned and inspected prior to occupancy. All guests are required to register with the Guest Services Front Desk upon arrival. If you arrive after hours, you may retrieve your registration packet from our lock box and come to the Collins Vacation Rentals office by 11:00 a.m. the following day to register.
Where: Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc., 60 E. Gulf Beach Drive
When: Check-out time is 10 a.m. Eastern Time on the day of departure.
Responsibilities: Upon checkout, we ask our guests to leave their rental property in the same general condition as it was found. Departure responsibilities include the following: remove all food products from pantry, fridge and freezer. We also ask that you wash dishes or start the dishwasher and take trash out to exterior container. Lock all doors and windows and return keys, if applicable. We’ll take care of the rest. Failure to comply with these requests may result in additional charges.
St. George Plantation requires a signed agreement before entrance into the Plantation. Motorcycles, motor scooters golf carts and ATVs are not permitted in the Plantation. St. George Plantation Owners’ Association requires prior approval to bring ANY MOTOR HOME into the Plantation. If your transportation is a motor home, arrangements must be made two weeks in advance. The motor home must be parked out of view, under your rental home. Please visit our website for a complete list of the Plantation Policies. Contact St. George Plantation Security with all questions: 850-927-2362.
For Online Booking, Online Catalog, and Reservations information, visit our website at: www.CollinsVacationRentals.com, call our Reservations Hotline at 888-577-9896 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your convenience we offer online booking at www.CollinsVacationRentals.com. All Internet reservations require a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. Online booking may be cancelled within seven (7) days without penalty. Please note: all Internet bookings include Travel Protection and Damage Protection insurance. You may decline this Travel Protection and Damage Protection insurance by emailing
email@example.com, within ten (10) days of booking. Should you decide not to purchase Travel Protection insurance or Damage Protection insurance, you will be required to sign a waiver stating that Collins Vacation Rentals offered you the opportunity to purchase Travel Protection and Damage Protection insurance and that you declined coverage.
LENGTH OF RENTAL
Many rentals require a minimum stay of seven nights during Summer Season and Spring Break, and a 5 night minimum stay during some holidays. Weekly reservations run Friday-Friday, Saturday-Saturday, or Sunday-Sunday. Reservations for shorter periods of time are available in other seasons, as set by each property. Please note: Holidays and Spring Break are reserved at higher rates. Visit our website at www.collinsvacationrentals.com for rental rates and seasons.
MONTHLY RENTALS (28 nights)
Many properties are available for monthly rentals, covering a 28-night period, during the Spring, Fall and Winter months. Check property descriptions for participating rentals by visiting our website at www.collinsvacationrentals.com or call us toll free at 888-577-9896, where our Vacation Planners are ready to assist you with rates and availability. Please note: guest mail is no longer delivered to Collins Vacation Rentals. Please contact the Eastpoint Post Office at 850-670-8698 to discuss your delivery options.
RENTAL OCCUPANCY AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
• Each property indicates the number of occupants allowed in a property at any one time. Exceptions are made for children age 3 and younger.
• An atmosphere conducive to quiet enjoyment of guests in surrounding accommodations must be maintained.
• Adults only, age twenty-five (25) or older, may reserve a property. Identification and proof of age may be requested.
• We do not rent to groups of teenagers, with or without chaperones, or to college students.
• Weddings, wedding receptions and other gatherings are permitted only with prior approval of the owner and Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. Special pricing and security deposit may be required. Please contact us for a list of wedding planning contacts and resources.
SALES TAX & TOURIST DEVELOPMENT TAX
Rental rates are subject to a 7% sales tax, plus a 2% Tourist Development Tax. All additional fees are subject to a 7% sales tax. Taxes and surcharges are subject to change.
COMMUNITY AMENITY FEES
• St. George Island Plantation requires a $75 amenity fee for all reservations.
• Mariner’s Harbor requires a $40.00 amenity fee for all reservations.
• 300 Ocean Miles requires a $25.00 amenity fee for all non-pet properties. The fee for pet friendly properties is $45.00.
• Villas of St. George requires a $40 amenity fee for reservations of 3 nights or longer.
RENTAL PAYMENTS: RENTAL RATES INCLUDE ALL FEES EXCEPT TAXES, TRAVEL PROTECTION, DAMAGE PROTECTION AND CERTAIN COMMUNITY FEES.
• Payment of 50% of the rental charge, plus taxes and any applicable community fees, must be paid within 3 days of booking your reservation. The balance due must be received thirty (30) days prior to your arrival. These payments may be made by personal check, business check, money order, cashier’s check or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Any returned checks will be subject to a $30 fee.
• If you are booking your reservation within thirty (30) days of arrival, total payment is required. This payment may be made by money order, cashier’s check, or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
• Online Booking is available for your convenience at www.CollinsVacationRentals.com. All online reservations require a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. Online bookings may be cancelled within seven (7) days without penalty.
• All payments are deposited in an interest-bearing escrow account with interest accruing to Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc.
You will receive a Confirmation Agreement. PLEASE READ YOUR CONFIRMATION CAREFULLY. It states that you understand and agree to all conditions and policies. Please contact Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. with any questions you may have about your confirmation, toll free at 888-577-9896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATIONS AND RESERVATION CHANGES
In the event that you must cancel, change dates, or switch properties, you may do so within seven (7) days of the booking date with no penalty. Please note after seven (7) days we cannot refund your advance rental payment unless equivalent revenue is generated from another rental customer for the same time period. When your reservation is confirmed, any cancellation, date or property changes will be subject to this policy. If the property re-rents and generates the equivalent revenue, we will refund your advance rental payment, minus a Cancellation Fee, based on length of rental. Your reservation will be cancelled if you fail to arrive within 24 hours of due date, unless we have prior communications from you. Guests with Travel Protection insurance will be directed to contact their insurer.
CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION
Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. strongly recommends purchasing Travel Protection to protect your vacation investment. It protects you against travel interruptions/cancellation due to illness and travel delays. Unless you decline, CSA Travel Protection will be added automatically to your total reservation balance at the time of booking. The cost is (6.95%) of total charges. CSA information is included with your booking invoice. If you decline coverage, your final balance will be adjusted accordingly. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PURCHASE CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION, YOUR PAYMENTS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IN THE EVENT THAT YOU CANNOT COMPLETE YOUR VACATION PLANS OR IN THE EVENT OF EVACUATION. You will be asked to sign a waiver stating that Collins Vacation Rentals offered you the opportunity to purchase Travel Protection insurance and you declined coverage. For more information please visit their website at www.csatravelpro.com or call their toll free number at 866-298-6846.
CSA DAMAGE PROTECTION
Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. includes Damage Protection insurance with all reservations (a cost of $40.) This insurance protects you for any damages which might occur during your stay, up to $3,000. If you choose to decline CSA Damage Protection you will be asked to sign a waiver, stating that Collins Vacation Rentals offered you the opportunity to purchase CSA Damage Protection and you declined coverage. For more information please visit their website at www.csatravelpro.com or call their toll free number at 866-298-6846.
As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. If you do not wish to purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection you may add $3,000.00 for a damage deposit.
Please report any damages upon arrival by calling 850-927-2478. Also, please report any damage or breakage upon occurrence, so the matter can be settled prior to your departure. Inspection crews carefully check properties, and you will be held responsible for damage beyond normal wear and tear.
St. George Island is a growing area and is becoming most desirable. There is the possibility that construction projects may be in progress nearby during the time of your stay. Collins Vacation Rentals cannot predict when or where these jobs will begin or how long they will last. Therefore, we have no control in these situations and no compensation or substitutions to other properties will be considered.
In the event of a MANDATORY EVACUATION due to hurricanes, tropical storms or other potential disaster, you are required by state law to evacuate the island. Please contact CSA Travel Protection for clarification of coverage, toll free 866-298-6846 or visit their website at www.csatravelpro.com. Please Note: You must check in with our CVR office before returning to your rental property after an evacuation is lifted. For your safety, Collins staff must have time to evaluate each property for storm damage and determine if it is safe for our guests to return.
POWER, CABLE, AND WATER OUTAGES We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. No refunds will be given for any power, Internet, water or cable outages.
MAINTENANCE & HOUSEKEEPING
Please report all maintenance or housekeeping issues promptly: Maintenance 850-927-2478; Housekeeping 850-927-3861. If you are a late arrival, please notify us of any problems by 11:00 a.m. the following morning.
• RATE CHANGES: Rates, descriptions, furnishings and availability are subject to change WITHOUT NOTICE. We are not responsible and cannot give refunds for changes by individual property owners.
• PROPERTY SUBSTITUTION: Substitution of comparable properties, within the Collins Vacation Rental Management Program, may be made without notice or liability should your reserved property become unavailable for rent. You may choose a comparable available property at the published rate or receive a refund of monies paid. Exclusion: Including, but not limited to, Island evacuation or other storm-related occurrence.
• LOST ITEMS: We are not responsible for items left in properties; however, if items are located, we will return them with a shipping charge.
• ONLY LIQUID laundry detergent may be used in washing machines to protect our Septic/Aerobic systems.
• USE OF FIREPLACES Only gas and electric fireplaces are available for guest use. No wood burning fireplaces are allowed. Please check specific properties for additional restrictions.
• OWNER PRIVACY: Locked owner closets are not included for guest use.
• HOMES FOR SALE: Houses listed for sale may be shown during your visit. We make every effort to schedule the showing at a convenient time.
• ERRORS: We are not responsible for errors in price or description that occur in printing. Our Vacation Planners make every effort to confirm rate information daily.
• COLLINS VACATION RENTALS, INC. has a contractual relationship with property owners. We act as their agents, and we treat all parties (owners and guests) honestly, fairly and in good faith. We reserve the right not to refund deposits, refuse rentals or discontinue occupancy if, in our opinion, a renter is detrimental to the property. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture.
SPECIAL NEEDS AND PHYSICALLY-CHALLENGED
If you or a member of your party is physically challenged or has special needs, please discuss this with your Vacation Planner or visit our website to view properties suitable for the physically challenged when planning your vacation. Some homes offer elevator use for the physically challenged and those with special needs. Arrangements for elevator use must be made prior to your arrival and a deposit of $3,000 is required unless you have purchased CSA Damage Insurance. In some cases a document may be required. Please note that elevators are not guaranteed to be in working order and therefore may not be available. Please do not assume that ground level homes are handicap accessible. Many ground level homes have steps at the entry. Please inquire when booking your reservation.
• Pet Friendly properties are indicated by a PAW PRINT icon.
• Pets shall be limited to dogs only. Pet friendly properties are restricted to 2 non-destructive dogs; however, many properties limit the size and number of dogs allowed. Please check with our Vacation Planners on the rental property’s restrictions on size and number of pets allowed when booking your reservation. You must have the homeowner’s approval to bring additional pet(s) - and additional fees may apply.
• Some properties may charge a pet fee. Please check our website or ask one of our Vacation Planners before you book your property.
• Guests must sign a Pet Agreement in advance or at check-in.
• PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE OR IN PRIVATE OR COMMUNITY SWIMMING POOLS, HOT TUBS or SWIM SPAS.
• Franklin County has a pet ordinance which states that dogs must be on a leash or answer to voice command.
• In an effort to protect our beaches and environment, we ask that guests remove all pet waste and dispose of it appropriately. Collins Vacation Rentals, Inc. provides waste bags for your convenience.
• For liability purposes, only non-aggressive dogs are allowed.
• Pets found in a non-pet property will result in your immediate eviction with NO REFUND of rent. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR SPECIAL NEEDS AND SEEING EYE DOGS, AS OUTLINED BY LAW.
Pool and Hot Tub availability and private pools with heaters cannot be guaranteed with any rental reservation. Where applicable, heated pools are available for an additional charge per week. The weekly rate to heat the pool is $300, unless specifically stated otherwise. To heat the pool for less than a week, the rate is $200 for two nights and $50 for each additional night. This may also apply to hot tubs and spas at specific properties where they are connected to the pools. Check the website for specific property information.
Pools are heated from October 1st to December 31st and from March 1st to May 31st. Pools are not heated during June, July, August, September, January or February. Pool heaters do not function when the outside air temperature drops below 60 degrees. Pool heaters may only heat the pool water to a maximum of 75 degrees depending on the outside air temperature. It usually takes a minimum of 24 continuous heating hours for this temperature to be reached once the pool heater has been turned on. If an additional charge has been paid, and the pool heater is unavailable for mechanical reasons, the additional charge may be refunded or prorated.
Please be considerate of neighboring properties and curtail noise and lights after 10:00 p.m. Please turn off pool lights when not in use. Hot tubs are not recommended for children, pregnant women or people with sensitive skin. In the event of a storm, additional cleaning may be needed before the pool can be used.
Grills are provided at each unit. Use of grills on wooden decks, porches, and balconies or under properties is prohibited. For the safety of our guests, we have provided galvanized buckets and shovels for proper disposal of charcoal. The Villas of St. George and 300 Ocean Mile have grills located in common areas for your use.
Linens are provided at all properties. This includes one bath set per person, one set of sheets per bed, along with dishcloth and dish towel. Additional linens are available upon request for a fee. Beach towels are not provided. Linens are furnished according to the number of people the house accommodates.
FURNITURE and AMENITIES
All homes are privately owned and reflect the individual owner’s personal taste. All homes are equipped with basic items such as TV, bedspreads, pillows, mattress pads, cookware, flatware, microwave, toaster, blender and coffee maker. Guests are provided with an amenity starter kit that includes a kitchen trash bag, a roll of paper towels, toilet tissue, soap for the bathrooms and 2 kitchen towels and cloths. It’s possible that you may need to bring or buy more of these supplies depending on the size of your group and length of your stay.
Telephones are in each property for local and emergency calls. Not all cell phones have good reception on the Island, so you may need to bring long distance calling cards with you.
Most homes have wireless/high speed connectivity. Please verify wifi availability when confirming your reservation. We also have a special Guest Office Area in our Collins Vacation Rentals lobby where guests may access wireless service.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU